First short announcement:
7th International Summer School on Social Representations and Communication
"Communication: Languages, Representations, Interactions"
3th-10th June 2001
In 2001 a new cycle of International Summer Schools (2001-2003), promoted by the co-ordinator of the Euro PhD on S.R. & C., will begin. This cycle will focus on the themes and the main theoretical paradigms addressed in the first cycle (Social Representations research areas theory), by concentrating on the area of communication and by widening the theoretical perspective towards multidisciplinary approaches. The general theme is Communication: Languages, Representations, Interactions. The 7th International Summer School will be devoted to provide a theoretical multi-disciplinary framework for the theme.
The International Summer School’s link with the Euro PhD on S.R. & C. ensures participation by young researchers from 13 partner Universities in the EuroPhD network in 8 different countries. However, the programme is also open to students of any country, not just the EU, and as with previous Summer Schools, interaction between researchers from Member States and Associated States will be encouraged, as well as the participation of a few researchers working outside Europe.
Beside the participation of the teaching staff of the Euro PhD on S.R. & C., and the founder of the theory, Prof. Serge Moscovici, following experts have been invited to present a lecture (to be confirmed):
- Prof. Daniel Dayan, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (Paris, France)
- Prof. Ivana Markova, University of Sterling, UK
- Prof. Bernard Schiele, Université du Québec à Montréal, Canada
- Prof. Janos Laszlo, Hungarian Academy of Sciences (Budapest), Hungary
Following tutors of the Euro PhD on S.R. & C.
will be present:
- Prof. Klaus Helkama, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Prof. Jorge Jesuino, I.S.C.T.E., Lisbon, Portugal
- Prof. Michel Louis Rouquette, Université Paris VIII, France
- Prof. Annamaria de Rosa, University of Rome ‘La Sapienza’, Italy
- Prof. Gianni Losito, University of Rome "La Sapienza", Italy
- Prof. Gerard Duveen, University of Cambridge, U.K.
The programme includes lectures in plenary session, methodological seminars, presentation of current research projects by students of the Euro PhD, Marie Curie Fellows and other young researchers, and training sessions.
For the full programme, additional information and registration please consult the internet site:
This year’s fees (including conference participation, accommodation and social events)
- NO FEES for students regularly enrolled in the Euro PhD on S.R. & C.
- 700 EURO for applicants introduced by the partner universities of the European PhD on S.R. & C. Socrates-Erasmus network, UNICA-network (http://www.ulb.ac.be/unica/), EuroPACE 2000 network (http://www.europace.be/) and for previous participants.
- 750 EURO for other participants.
- The fee of Marie Curie Fellows will be directly charged on the funds of the Marie Curie Training Site by the co-ordinator.
Deadline for application is 15 April 2001
(later applications will be considered if places are still available)
Prof. Annamaria Silvana de Rosa
European PhD on Social Representations and Communication